Dj Kelvinthe1/Soulful House Music Collage

                   
                        DJ BIO DJ KELVINTHE1
 
My dj career started in high school doing the school parties and what we call basement sets. Once I graduated high school I joined the Navy and stopped dj’ing until about 7 years ago when I was introduced to a dj thru a mutual friend. He invited me to spin with him. I started not only spinning with him but filling in for other dj’s on other nights as well. The club eventually closed and I got a call from a patron of the old club that happened to be a bartender at another club because they were looking for a dj. I auditioned for the owner and started the next day. Playing mostly Chicago style stepping, blues, dusties and old school music I stayed the resident for over three years playing not only in the club but at various stepper sets across Chicago. A family illness forced me to give up my residency and move to a new area but the passion for music and dj’ing were still there, so I started an internet radio show for steppers and along the way got introduced to house music. I started spinning house a little over 2 years ago on a consistent basis and soon after starting got an internet radio spot which lasted until the station shutdown. In conjunction with another dj and friend we formed our own radio site called Soulful House Music Collage and started playing just on weekends. With almost 2 years in, we now have dj’s from all over the world and shows every day of the week. I have also produced two house music tracks which can both be found on Afrodesiamp3.com under DJ KELVIN and I have a third which will be out in the near future. I have played at a few venues here in Chicago and also in New Jersey with some plans to play in New York and Philadelphia this coming summer. My philosophy on music is that it’s always about the music and that DJ’s are the vessels that bring it to the people and we should always be grateful to those that take time out to support our endeavors. Many thanks to those that have given me guidance, feedback, shared their wisdom and offered insights along my journey thru house.
 Check out the link below to check out his hot mix:

No comments:

Post a Comment