Househeads Mourn the Lost of Our Godfather (Frankie Knuckles)

(January 18, 1955 – March 31, 2014)

First, in order to be a Godfather, you first have to be chosen and Frankie Knuckles was chosen by the House Community. He was chosen to be our Godfather because of the spirit he embodied as a person. Frankie Knuckles took on the position, as Godfather, with great valor. He was not just the Godfather to one person, but to the entire House Community.  He was our model, teacher and guide. He was the House Community’s guiding light, a symbol of strength and serenity.  He nourished our soul with his music and he guided our footsteps with his knowledge.  It saddens me that our Godfather is no longer here with us, but he left us a very special part of himself and that is house music. I am glad and honored to have had Frankie Knuckles as my Godfather, because he introduced me to one of the greatest love’s of my life; house music. I never got the chance to meet him personally, but he has inspired me with his music, which will last a lifetime. Yes, Househeads are in mourning because we lost our Godfather, but we will rejoice in his music. The House Community was a part of him and he will forever be a part of us.  God, no longer has to wait on his angel, because he is now with him.


2 comments: